Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainbow Pots of Gold

I saw this cute project online and just had to make it!
I decided that they would be a good gift for the kids' teachers for St. Patrick's Day.
I made Lily's, but the boys made their own for their teachers.
Then I made some for Lily's craft group.

You need these things to make this cute craft:

rainbow pipe cleaners, black paint, small terra-cotta pots, green Eater grass, and candy wrapped in gold foil. (I used mini Reese's peanut butter cups.)
(You also need some kind of glue, I used hot glue.)
First, paint the pot black:
Then pick out the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, blue, yellow, green, blue, purple) from the pipe cleaners and put them in order.
I tied the ends together so it would be easier to glue.

Then glue the pipe cleaners to the inside of the pot, making an arch.

Add the grass & candy, and you have a cute pot of gold with a rainbow on top!

Here are some of our pots of gold:

The kids are very excited to give these to their teachers!!

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! I bet their teachers love them!

    ReplyDelete