Thursday, November 15, 2012

Las Vegas!

Last week, Jeff & I got to go to Las Vegas! This is the third time I have been. The first was a fun vacation, and the last two were for Jeff's work. I know, he has a rough job, huh? ;0)
This is us the first night:


We had the ice breaker for the conference that Jeff was there for & then we headed out to a few bars with some people he/we knew & then listened to some live music. It was really fun, but at some point I realized we had been up for almost 24 hours (because of what time we left Wichita, the time change between Wichita & Vegas, and Daylight Savings Time) & I could not keep my eyes open. I was exhausted!!!

The next day, after Jeff went to see people at the conference (and I slept in...) We did a little sightseeing. This is New York, New York:


This statue of liberty is made of jelly beans. :0)


Jeff hung out with the guy from "The Hangover" ;0)


This is Excalibur:


(We stayed at Mandalay Bay)
That night, we went with a group of people to see David Copperfield!!


The show was fantastic!! It was so cool & three people from the group we were with got called up on stage.
After the show we headed to the old strip to a restaurant called Oscar's. The guys all loved the slogan for this restaurant:


After dinner, we walked around the old strip, and let me tell you, there are some interesting people in Vegas....


On Tuesday, Jeff & I got a couples massage at the spa in our hotel. Ahh! It was SO relaxing. :0)
That night, we went to a party on the top floor of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay where they have 360* views of Las Vegas. This was the only picture I took that turned out though.


After we chatted up people at the party, we met another vendor who took us to dinner. It was so hard doing all of this "work"! ;0)
When we got back to our hotel, there may have been a little but of gambling on my part, after I had had a little bit to drink, and I might have lost a little bit of money....but we don't need to go into details about that. Let's just say that I'm not a good gambler. ;0)
On Wednesday, we did a little more sightseeing:







And that night, we were able to see Cirque Du Soleil Ka. It was amazing!!


Last picture of Vegas:


The next morning, we got up & headed to the airport. It was a fun trip!

We got the kids their own souvenirs, but this was something that we got all three to share. We went to the M&M store & had their names & a Las Vegas sign printed on M&M's that were their favorite colors.

















They really liked these. =)
It was fun to get away, but it was good to get back home too.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! So So Jealous of those awesome shows you got to see!!

    -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had so much fun! love the pics:) K

    ReplyDelete