Thursday, March 27, 2014

Low Carb Snack and Lunch Ideas


I have been struggling to find things that are both low carb and low in fat/calories for lunches and snacks. Since I am just making lunch for me, I don't feel the need to spend a ton of time cooking my lunch. So, I came up with some things that are easy to make, healthy, and tasty!

I love Sabra humus. I can eat that with pretzel thins or for really low carb, red bell peppers or cucumbers. Sometimes it's a snack for me, sometimes lunch.

Inside out chicken cordon blue. I take a piece of swiss cheese or a string cheese stick, and wrap a few pieces of ham around them and stick them in the microwave for a little bit until the cheese is melty. Yum!!

Any kind of lunch meat inside a lettuce wrap with either a tiny bit of mayo or mustard. If I have them, I stick in some tomatoes and red onion.

Celery and low fat cream cheese or cream cheese spread. Laughing cow has a light cream cheese line with lots of yummy flavors!

Chicken strips. I just buy bags of frozen already cooked (non breaded) chicken breast strips. I stick them in a lettuce wrap or a low carb tortilla with some cheddar cheese.

Cucumber salad. Cut up cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, a little bit of parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. 

Mini sweet peppers stuffed with humus or low fat cream cheese spread with herbs.

Ham & egg bowls (more for breakfast). Stick pieces of ham into a cupcake pan. crack as many eggs as you want bowls (3 bowls = 3 eggs), into a bowl, scramble and add salt & pepper. spoon egg into each bowl, top with cheese. Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes.

Mozzarella and tomatoes. Cut up fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. add salt and pepper to taste.

Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt. It is only 80 calories and 9 carbs!

Hope these will help you with some ideas for some yummy lunch or snack ideas! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share these! They all seem yummy, I just hope they fill me up as well because that would be awesome :0)
    -D

    ReplyDelete