I wanted a burlap wreath with the letter of our last name on it and sunflowers (my favorite flower), so I got a wire wreath frame, sunflowers, that pumpkin thing, regular & orange burlap, orange & yellow paint (for the L) and the letter L. Everything except the L came from Wal-Mart. The L came from Hobby Lobby.
I looked up how to make a burlap wreath & this was the easiest version:
The burlap I bought for the frame was 5 inches wide and 10 yards long. I used all of the burlap. I started by weaving the burlap through the spaces between the wire:
Next, I pulled some of the burlap up through the top space:
After that, I pulled the burlap back, and pulled more out of the middle space, then did the same for the bottom space. I pulled all three loops so they were in a row, and went back to the top space and repeated:
It was a little hard to get the hang of it to begin with, but soon, I was moving along quickly!
Half way done:
All done! This only took me about 15 minutes.
When you are done, make sure you fluff out your loops to completely cover the wires.
Next, I made the bow. I used a 9 foot spool of orange burlap for this. I had enough for my bow, but not ribbons that hung down. I could have gotten more for the ribbon, but decided I liked it this way anyway. :0)
I cut the burlap into 5 equal strips, leaving a 6th strip about 1/2 as long as the rest.
Taking a stapler, staple the 5 strips into circles:
Pinch each strip in the middle where they are stapled, and place one on top of the other forming a bow:
I used pipe cleaners to tie them together:
Then take your smaller, 6th strip, and staple it into a circle:
Place it on the top in the middle of the bow and wrap another pipe cleaner around the entire bow:
Fluff out your bow:
Before I started the bow, I had painted this:
I used a pencil eraser to make the dots. :0)
After all of that was done, I tied the bow in with the pipe cleaners. Then I arranged the flowers how I wanted them and hot glued them on. I also hot glued the L on.
Here is my finished wreath:
I ended up taking the pumpkin thing off because it was really bothering me for some reason. I like it MUCH better now. :)
This wreath only cost about $10.00 to make and with drying time of the paint, only about and hour & a half.