Monday, October 6, 2014

Fairy Party Recipes

We had lots of yummy food at the Fairy Princess Tea Party. The easy ones were Butterfly Sandwiches which were just peanut butter & honey sandwiches cut into butterfly shapes using a cookie cutter. We also had Woodland Berries, which were just strawberries & grapes in cute flower cupcake liners, and Chocolate Unicorns made with pink candy melts in unicorn molds. The other simple food was Princess Cupcakes which were just white cake mix that I missed sprinkles into and frosted with strawberry icing and topped with purple nonpareils.

The treats I needed recipes for were Fairy Bread, Chocolate Mousse, Fairy Bites, and Flower Mints.

For Fairy Bread, I needed bread with the crust cut off, a mixture of cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar, and sprinkles.
(I took 2 ounces of cream cheese, mixed in a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of sugar for the mixture.)
Spread the mixture onto the bread, cut into triangles, and sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles. (We used stars)


I found these cute cups for the mousse at Walmart for 99 cents for 8. :0) I just mixed one box of instant chocolate pudding with 1 3/4 cups milk, then folded in 1/2 a tub of whipped cream. I poured the mousse into the cups and refrigerated. Before serving, I used canned whipped cream to top them off and added chocolate sprinkles.


The Fairy Bites were really easy to make too. All I needed was 1/2 cup of butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and sprinkles. Mix all of the ingredients together, knead dough until it forms a ball, and then pat dough into a greased baking pan making a 1 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Cut the dough into little squares, spread them apart and bake at 325* for 10-15 minutes.


 
The mint recipe actually came from my mom. You need 3 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg white (beaten with a fork), 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 6 cups of powdered sugar. Normally, you would mix the ingredients together and press into molds and pop them out and let dry. But, I didn't have actual mint molds, so I rolled the mint dough out and cut out flower shapes using cookie cutters. You can dye the mints any color by adding food coloring while mixing it up.


The last thing is obviously not a food, but I wanted to let you know where I got the tutus, wands, & wings. They all came from Halo Heaven. You can get sop many cute things from that site for fairly cheap. The tiaras came from Dollar Tree. :0)


Again, this was super fun to plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment