Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter Truffles

I made two different types of truffles for the kids' teachers for Easter this year. They were both shaped and decorated like Easter eggs though. :0)
The idea for the first one I made came from a site called Wine & Glue. They're chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.
For the inside you need: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 cups flour*, 2 tsp. vanilla, 14 oz. sweet condensed milk, and 1 cup mini chocolate chips**.

* I ended up using more flour (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) because the dough was too sticky.
** The recipe called for mini chips, but all I had was regular & they worked fine.


With a mixer, mix the butter and sugar until creamy (about 2 minutes).


Mix in the vanilla next:


Slowly mix in the flour until it is all incorporated.


While still mixing, pour in the milk:


Gently fold in the chocolate chips:


This is where I added more flour:


Much better!


Roll a small portion of dough into a ball and then shape into an egg shape.



When all of your "eggs" are made, stick them in the refrigerator.

The next truffles I made were peanut butter cookie dough. I needed 1 1/2 tsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. (I doubled this recipe)


First, mix the sugars, vanilla, and butter together:


Then add in the milk and peanut butter:



Once the dough is all mixed, shape into eggs:


When you are done, stick these in the refrigerator too. You can leave them there for a few hours or overnight. I chose overnight.

The next day, get your candy melts ready. For the chocolate chip ones I chose yellow, pink, and blue candy melts for the base colors of the eggs. Melt the chocolate, dip the eggs, and let dry on wax paper. Make sure you knock off the excess melts before laying down.




For the decoration on the eggs, I used white chocolate chips. I placed them in a bag and melted them.


After they were melted, I cut a very small whole in corner and decorated each egg to look like Easter eggs.



For the peanut butter truffles, I used chocolate almond bark. I did the same as before and dipped the truffles in the chocolate, knocked off the excess, and put them on wax paper.



To decorate these, I put the leftover pink and blue candy melts in to baggies, melted them and decorated the eggs.


I put them in cellophane bags to give to the teachers.


I printed out labels so the teachers would know which eggs were what kind.


I also made tags:




The kids brought these to their teachers today and they were a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment