Monday, October 25, 2010

Colorado

Last week, Jeff & I headed off to Denver for a conference for his work.
I had never been to Denver.
Well, I have been to the airport for a layover, but I don't think that really counts...
Anyway, while Jeff was in meetings, I ventured out of the hotel to the 16th Street Mall.
Which luckily was just a few blocks from our hotel & the convention center.
The weather in Denver last week was BEAUTIFUL!!!
Here are some pictures I snapped while checking out all of the shops.




One afternoon we ate lunch at the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant.
There was memorabilia from the movie Forrest Gump all over the place.
It was really interesting....and they had good food! ;-)

We had a lot of fun going to dinner and parties with different people, and just being able to hang out together by ourselves......with no kids...... =)
We also got to go to the Denver Art Museum and see the King Tut exhibit.
I didn't get to take any pictures there though.
They literally followed people through the museum making sure no one took pictures.
It was a very interesting exhibit and I am glad we got to see it.

Before we left we were able to drive up into the mountains.
I wanted to go really far up......
but I discovered that winding roads plus high elevations equals me not feeling well at all.
I made Jeff turn back after awhile because I just didn't think I could handle it anymore.....
and he is pretty particular about keeping his car clean..... ;-)
Next time I will defiantly have to have Dramamine.
I did get some good pictures of the mountains before we turned around though:






We got home on Thursday to three very energetic little kids.
It was nice to get away for awhile, but it is always nice to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment