Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Letter Art Project


Last week, we made these cool letter canvas paintings. I saw a version of it on my friend Nikki's blog. They used painter's tape to tape designs on their canvases, but I decided to just do the first letter of their first name.
This is what I needed:


Canvases (I used 81/2 x 11), painter's tape, acrylic paint, and brushes.
First, I taped their letter onto their canvas:


I bought 2 shades of each of their favorite colors, and then they used those two shades to make a third shade that they liked:


Then they each painted lines across their canvas and over the tape, alternating colors.


Riley & Lily went straight across, but Zach chose to do it diagonally.


When they were done, we let them sit and dry.


After they were dry, I pulled off the tape. 



















Their letters really stand out against the paint! They all got to choose where they got to hang them in their rooms. Good job kids!

2 comments:

  1. Such a CUTE idea. I love it!!

    -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love these. They turned out awesome!!! My kids are already asking to make more canvas art. :) Great job! I'll have to steal the idea of them making their own color by mixing two together.

    ReplyDelete