Sunday, July 29, 2012

Picking Peaches

Now that Jeff & I are better (for awhile I hope!), we took the kids out to pick peaches! We usually go to Sargent's Berry Farm, but we waited too long & they were out of peaches. =(  So, we went to Beck's Farm. This place was ok, but they charged us $6.00 each just to go out to the orchard! They did "waive" the kids' fees, but still. Oh well. It's only money, right? ;0) So, we headed out to the trees to fill our buckets and taste some yummy peaches.



The boys started picking right away.



And tasting!



Lily picked and tasted too....



but most of the time she did this:


stand under a tree for shade & say things like:
"It's SO hot!"
"Someone NEEDS to carry me!" (no one did....)
"Are we done YET???"
"I do NOT use port-a-potties!! (OK....I'm with her on that one...)
Needless to say, she was not a ball of fun to be around.
The boys, on the other hand, stuck out the heat in search of good peaches. They were good at finding them!


We came home with a lot of peaches!! The kids have already eaten some & will eat more, I am sure, I am going to make peach cobbler with some of them, and freeze the rest.
















So, even though it was hot, and "Princess" Lily was a BIG complainer, the rest of us had fun picking peaches, so we can cross off one more thing from our Summer Fun List!

No comments:

Post a Comment