Monday, September 2, 2013

Zach's Room Make-Over

We moved into this house when Zach had just turned 4 years old, and I decided on how it was going to be decorated/painted. Since he will be 11 in a few months (Waah!!), I decided to let him have a room make-over. 
This is what his room looked like before: 


That was his idea of clean when I took these pictures....
Also, he had the blanket up because he likes his room dark. And I swear he had curtains, I just don't know what he did with them.....
(He also has gotten a new bed & dresser in the last year.)


Just cleaning out that bookshelf would have been an improvement, but after I cleaned it out, stripped off the wallpaper border, put primer over the burgundy paint, and had Jeff edge with the paint Zach picked out, it looked like this:


Yes, I was using his bottom bunk as a throw all for everything in his room. 
:0)


After I painted the walls, and Jeff put Zach's new bookshelf & desk together, we asked Zach where he wanted things up on his wall. 
This is the finished project:







I eventually want to get matching comforters for his top & bottom bunk, but that's going to have to wait a bit.
Zach is very happy with his new grown-up room! 
Now let's see if he actually keeps it clean now.......

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! It looks bigger for some reason...maybe the lighter paint? What color are his walls, gray? They look lavender on my laptop but I feel confident that is not what he chose :0)

    -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - Its amazing how old he's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know... you should tell him that K-State's school colors are purple and white. He might be interested in becoming a fan, it would totally match his room more than the Chiefs would ;)

    ReplyDelete