Sunday, May 18, 2014

Summer Fun List 2014



School is out for the kids this Thursday!! I am always so excited for school to be out. In all honesty, by the end of May I am completely over meetings, homework, signing folders, and rigid schedules. I am always looking forward to sleeping in, fun activities, vacations, lazy afternoons, and spending time together. (Ask me around August 1st how I feel about summer, and you will get a completely different answer though!) ;0)

Since school will be out this week, the kids and I made our annual Summer Fun List! It's a list of all of the fun things we want to squeeze into our summer. Some things we will do lots of times and some only once. This list helps me be more intentional about our time and the things we do during the summer so we don't end up with a lot of "I'm bored!!" if I already have things planned out ahead of time. (I still get the "I'm bored" stuff, but it's not as bad.)  So here it is, Summer Fun List 2014:

  • Art Projects
  • Science Experiments
  • Cooking
  • Drive-In Movie
  • Water Park
  • Sprinkler
  • Swimming
  • Sprinkler Park
  • Play at the Park
  • Picnic
  • Water Balloon Fight
  • Branson & Silver Dollar City Vacation
  • Fireworks
  • S'mores & Bonfire
  • Summer Reading Program
  • Botanica
  • Palace Movie
  • Glow in the Dark Night
  • Star Gazing
  • Sponge Bombs
  • Scavenger Hunt
  • Egg Shell Painting
  • Make Popsicles
  • Outdoor Projector Movie
  • Play with Shaving Cream
  • Farmer's Market
  • Exploration Place
  • Bowling
  • Family Game Night
  • Family Movie Night
  • Science Day
  • Summer Snow Day
The kids are excited to start our Summer Adventures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment