Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Funny Guy


Riley is the funniest 4 year old I know. He cracks me up on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, all three of my kids are funny to me, and I laugh at the funny things they do and say all of the time, but Riley just has the funniest sense of humor. He tells terrible jokes (really....they don't make any sense at all!!!) but he laughs so hard at them that you just have to laugh right along with him. =) So here are some funny things that Riley has said that have made me laugh.
I was sitting on the couch and Riley came up beside me and fell on me. He looked up at me and said, "It was gravity mom, you know I can't control it!"
Riley and Zach were having a "discussion" when Zach made Riley mad. So Riley said, "That's it Zach, you are out of my imagination!"
Riley was running through the grocery store and when I told him to walk, he said he had pushed his "super-fast button". When I told him to push his "listen and walk button", he looked up at me and said (very seriously) "I don't have that button."
Lily has been talking in complete sentences for several months now, but the other day, Lily was answering a question that Mickey Mouse had asked (on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and Riley looked at me and said, "Lily can talk?!?!"
This one happened at Christmas time, but it still cracks me up:
We had been talking about Santa & how the boys needed to be good for him to bring them presents, when one day Riley said to me, “I want to get less presents this year.” I explained to him that he wanted more presents, that less meant he wouldn't get as many. He looked at me and said, “I know, I want to get less.” I asked why he would want to get less presents & he said, “So I can be a little bit bad.” =)
I have a file for each of the kids on my computer filled with these funny little sayings. Lily's only has one or two things in it since she just started showing her funny little personality, but Zach's is several pages long, and Riley's is quickly catching up. Hopefully they will enjoy them when they are older.......or Jeff & I will enjoy teasing them when they are older. =)
I hope you enjoyed my funny little moments with Riley. =)

1 comment: