Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Patrick's Day! (2015)

We like to make a big deal of St. Patrick's Day in our house. The kids usually get a cute treat from Jeff & I:




And as usual, the leprechauns came and left little green footprints and (chocolate) gold coins:










The kids love racing around finding the gold and the footprints. :0)

This year, they got an extra surprise with rainbow pancakes!! I put equal amounts of pancake mix into 6 cups and then put Wilton icing colors into each cup and mixed them. (and yes, I used plastic cups, because I am lazy and I didn't want to wash that many dishes.) ;0) 


I made them fairly small because they were getting 6 pancakes each.


I added a little side of whipped cream as a "cloud". :0)


The kids loved them!!


After dinner I had one more St. Patrick's surprise for them. Lime sherbet with ginger ale, topped off with whipped cream and rainbow airhead candy.


Even though we never saw any actual leprechauns, it was another fun St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment