Monday, October 31, 2011

Carving Pumpkins!

We carved pumpkins last night! Jeff cut the tops off of all of the pumpkins.

Riley dug right into his pumpkin and started to get all of the gooey stuff out.


Both boys LOVE digging their hands around in all of that gunk.


Lily on the other hand, is a lot like me. She does not enjoy this part. In fact she didn't want to stick her hand in it at all. She said, "But I just want Daddy to do it!" Then Jeff said, "Hmmm, just like her Mommy...." ;0) She did stick her hand in for one picture, just so I had proof of how much she hated it.


She wouldn't even look down into the pumpkin, and didn't really use her hand, she used a plastic scoop. Ha ha!

I am always amazed at how messy Riley can be. Who gets pumpkin seeds on the BACK of their shirt?!?!


After Jeff cleaned out Lily's pumpkin, I drew a face onto her pumpkin according to her instructions. Then she helped me carve it.


Zach decided to use a picture to punch out holes on his pumpkin then he carved it.


I drew a scary face on Riley's for him and he did most of the carving.

Jeff got out a dremel tool to carve his pumpkin.


Here is Zach's pumpkin:


Lily's:


Riley's:


Here are all of them:


Look how tiny Lily's is compared to the boys'!!

And finally, here is Jeff's pumpkin!


I know, it is SO shocking that he did an arrowhead. ;0)

The kids are super excited about Trick-or-Treating tonight!!!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment