Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sugar Cookies!

So, we made our annual Christmas sugar cookies. Jeff was gone at a meeting so he missed out on the fun. In fact, he was gone last year too.....I think I am seeing a pattern here.... ;0)

I usually make the dough & let the kids cut out the cookies, but with so much going on in the evenings, it was easier to just cut them & bake them myself that way we could get them all done in one day.



After dinner, we got the frosting and sprinkles out to get ready to decorate!






I even grabbed a few to decorate with them:


Here are their finished cookies:


I like the stocking that looks like a watermelon. When I pointed it out to him, he said, "I didn't even mean to do that!" LOL!



I don't know why, but this cookie of Lily's cracks me up!! It's like it's saying, "Not the gumdrop buttons!!" Hee hee


Even if I didn't write Riley's name on this picture, I bet you could tell who's it was. ;0) He does love the color blue......


Another messy, but fun tradition accomplished!!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You are making me hungry... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is taking after you already...her cookies look great for a 6 year old :0) The boy's cookies look good too! You are either drinking heavily before/during or after this event or have an endless supply of patience! Sweet mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete