Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break Part 3

Well, our Spring Break is almost over. Yesterday, we went to a puppet show at the Central Library, where my sister Amy is the Children's Librarian. She didn't do the puppet show, but she was there, so the kids enjoyed seeing her. The puppet show was really cute and even Lily sat through most of it. Then we headed over to my sister Kathleen's house where we had lasagna (YUM!) and the kids got to play with each other one last time before school started back up again.

Today we just stayed around our house which was also nice. Since it is the 20th Anniversary of Eric Carle's book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I happen to love Eric Carle's books, we made a caterpillar mobile. (Which was supplied to us by Amy. Thanks Amy!!)

Since I am showing art work, here are the leprechauns the boys made for St. Patrick's Day.

This afternoon, we went to the park by our house and we flew the kites that Aunt Kathleen gave the kids. (Thanks!!) I was not sure how I was going to help all three kids fly kites, but I thought I would give it a try.

I started out with Riley. He did a pretty good job!

Zach was next and he was so good, I didn't even have to help him again!


The boys had a lot of fun flying their kites.

After I got the boys settled with their kites, I decided to at least take a picture of Lily with her kite since I didn't think that even if I could help her fly it, I would never get a picture of her flying it.

I was SO wrong!! I handed her the string and told her to hold on. Then I put the kite up in the wind & it just stayed up there!! It was unbelievable! I was able to get several pictures of her holding the kite, flying it by herself.

She did figure out though, that if she let go of the kite, it would fly even farther and she had the added benefit of watching Mommy run like a crazy woman after the kite before it fell into the pond. (Because that's where it was always headed!) After the the third time, I was onto her though & I decided to not let her hold the kite anymore. =)
We had so much fun this week! We don't have anything major planned for this weekend, so we are just going to relax and enjoy the last few days of Spring Break before Zach and Riley have to go back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Lily you are SO amazing!! I also really liked all of the artwork the boys did! We had a great time with everyone during Spring Break.

    Love,
    Aunt D., Cooper, Carson, Camden

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar artwork was cute! And I'm glad that it only took three tries of Lily for you to finally catch on to what she was doing!!!!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete